Thursday 6 August 2009

Elementary Digital Marketing

A really well executed piece of digital marketing/general fun from Element skateboards via 

This is a pretty simple idea, not using any breaking technology, just linking existing applications already being used by skateboarders and adding a competitive and fun element. It nicely picks up on the strong traditions of filming and photographing, competitive one-up-man-ship and the strong connections with locations inherent in skateboarding. As a mountain biker and surfer those are things I can relate to quite easily, infact it makes me want to brush off my old skateboard and graze my palms all over again.

I'm not so sure how well some people are going to take their secret spots being published for all to see on Google maps but on the whole this is pretty hard to fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment